Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two Days Late and A Dollar Short

So much for my renewed commitment to blogging. Well, I am back...I had a few technical difficulties but I think I have some of the kinks worked out.

Today I started a Ladies' Bible Study that meets at my house on Tuesday nights. We are studying Priscilla Shirer's "Discerning the Voice of God." What a blessing it has been already and today was just the introduction. Tha main point today is that we should anticipate that God wants to say something to us. The main take-a-way for me today is "The good shepherd I serve has something to say that cannot wait to hear!" I have a feeling my blogging over the next several weeks may reflect what God is doing in my life and teaching me through this study as I learn to listen for His Voice. What a blessing to be able to be part of such a study.

As for other things going on...I'm training for the Rebel Man Sprint Triathalon which will be in Spring 2008. You may wonder why I am starting my training 10 months in advance...the answer is simple. The race is a 400 yd swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 5K run and currently I do not swim, ride, or run. I'm starting very, very slow. I have set this goal because the race is most likely the week of my 30th birthday. I couldn't think of a better goal than being in the best shape of my life the day I turn 30 (which is the new 20 by the way). (:

I am also excited because I found out today that Liam is coming to visit me next week. We're going to have a few days of just the two of us...the 1st annual week with Aunt Lulu. Since he's just a little guy it won't be a full week this time, but I'm glad to get to spend some time with him. He's started saying "Lulu" which is a new development since the last time I saw him. On Monday he was at my parents' house and walked over to the bottom of the stairs leading to my room and started calling "lulu, lulu." He apparently started crying when Scott & Carol explained to him that I wasn't there. Sounds like that cute little boy needs some QT with Aunt Lulu. He's stolen my heart for sure!

2 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

Laura! I am so glad you left a comment on our blog! Now I know how to find yours! I can't wait to hear more about your Bible study...I might have to go get that book to read along with your blogs!

Carol said...

Look at you, missy! You changed your template and everything! I hope that you're having fun! Liam's counting down the days until he gets to come visit! Love you!